A lady mustn’t make a habit of drinking before noon, but The High Tea Party provides a sophisticated loophole, especially when High Tea is served in as luxurious locale as The Langham. With ladydate in tow, this intrepid blogger hit the hotel.
Once a year the hotel plays host to the ultimate ladies day out, a Mecca for girls-about-town and seasoned ladies-who-lunch. I have to say, this year’s event had a (glam) trade show feel to – lets call it “the fairer sex-po”
With so much to see and do, and a year to wait until they return to Melbourne, I’ll simply report on my top picks & treats you you can explore for yourself in the meantime.
1) High tea at the Langham: frock up up & make a ladydate with your favorite gal pals to nibble on bite-sized sandwiches and dainty delicacies, can’t forget the champagne! A must for any Melbourne girl, the Tiffin Afternoon Tea is served in the Langham’s plush Aria Bar.
2) Westfield style lounge – if fashion could be likened to karate, the Westfield stylists would be your own personal Mr Miyages. Westfield Southland hosted a style lounge at the event mentoring ladies in how to kick ass in the latest fashion trends. You can tee up your own private wax on, wax off sessions (we’re still talking fashion here) at Westfield.
3) Sistaco – I’m a sucker for a well priced statement necklace to this stall was right up my alley! I probably spent the most time (ok, second most – there were cocktail waiters to chase) at the Sistaco stand, trying on all manner of exotic baubles and bling. They also do jewellery parties, which I am very tempted to throw – comment below if you would like to attend!
4) Bio Sculpture – nothing like a manicure to make you feel polished. From what I understand, Bio Sculpture is the missing link between Gels and Shellac. Either way, I feel pretty. Or I did, until I smudged it the top coat five minutes after application…
5) The next event – is sold out already, but definitely keep your eye on this site to book in for next year! http://thehighteaparty.com.au/
Til next time my lady friends,